January 11, 2021 - February 5, 2021
Social learning leadership II
Cutting-edge: pioneering the field
4 weeks | January 11 – February 5, 2021
Approx 6 hours per week
a BEtreat workshop
Exploring and taking risks
as you learn to make a difference
Why pioneering social learning leadership matters
Social learning depends on the quality of the learning partnership that creates a social learning space. It is particularly important when what you need to know is not yet known. And you have to learn on the go, adjusting and improving in response to what you are finding out in practice. Your learning is improved by what your your peers are learning in practice.
These social learning spaces are as old as humankind, but today, it is urgent to become more intentional about cultivating the qualities that make them productive social containers for learning and innovation. The point is to learning to make a difference, whether we do this in the service of individual participants, an organization, a field, or stakeholders in a complex problem.
Who should join
This workshop is anyone interested in using the craft of social learning leadership. It is primarily intended for people who have some experience or who have attended a BEtreat workshop before, but everyone ready to explore new issues is invited. Engaging at the cutting edge online will give us an opportunity to take some risks and explore innovative ways to use take full advantage of online.
What we focus on
In this workshop we explore the edges of what we already know, trying out new models and frameworks and learning from what we find out. We work as a community during this workshop to help you learn from taking mitigated risks in your own practice or project.
- Latest developments in theory and practice: learning to make a difference , social learning spaces, reconfiguring the landscape, working the boundaries, leadership and legitimacy
- Defining your learning edge: framing your cutting-edge challenges and why they are important for the whole group to explore with you
- Living out your leadership: take a lead in shaping the social learning space and pushing the group to address your cutting-edge issues
- Using the value-creation framework: and articulating the value: how does what you do create value, how do you monitor and promote that value, and what does this mean for learning to make a difference?
- Innovative use of tool: exploring the use of tools and technologies for social learning online.
How it unfolds
The workshop takes place in a carefully designed communal online space. You also build your own space where you can invite colleagues to see something of your context and to engage in chatting or thinking with you.
Interactions are is a mix of synchronous conversations (e.g., on Zoom or Skype) and and collaboration (e.g., on Mural or Google docs) as well as asynchronous interactions (e.g., in a discussion forum).
We all meet synchronously as a whole group twice a week, for a total of around 4 hours per week. The rest of the time is for small-group work as well as individual consultations and reflections.
The exact agenda and the themes for each week are collectively determined:
Week 1 – Finding the cutting edge:
- Latest development in theory and practice
- What are our individual and collective learning edges
- How can we help each other
Week 2-3 – Exploring cutting edge issues:
- Small groups take the lead in addressing cutting-edge issues relevant to their context
- We work on the concrete cases of participants to drive our learning
- We reflect on what we are learning about content and process
- We use tools innovatively to work together
Week 4 – Your leadership:
- What are we learning about ourselves as social learning leaders
- What open challenges in the field remain
- What have I learned and where I am going next
Price and discounts
Price: 1,200 US dollars
- Early bird, if paid by November 1, 2020: $960
- Teams of three or more people from the same organization: $960 per person
Limited number of partial scholarships available for people who circumstances make our prices prohibitive. Contact us.
Register and pay now
You can pay here by credit card using our secure server. Clicking on “Add to cart” will open a cart window where you can enter your payment information. Then fill out the registration form below. We will be in touch with you for further details.
Subscribe to our newsletter about workshops
If you are interested to keep up with news about our workshops, including notifications about early bird deadlines
Grass Valley, California
(+351) 962 298 800
(+1) 530 205 3231