Reading with the authors
June 7 - July 17
Dates: June 7-17
Talk with others and the authors as you read the book together and discuss what it means to you.
A collective reading of our new book:
Learning to make a difference:
value creation in social learning spaces
In this workshop, we will be reading our book published in October 2020. We’ll read the book together and discuss the main ideas of each section, including: how to put the ideas into practice, how to translate them into a language that will be understood in your own context, or how to use the book as part of a course.
Price and discounts
Price: 900 US dollars
Discount price: 700 US dollars for:
- Early bird, by May 7
- Teams of three or more people from the same organization
Limited number of partial scholarships available for people whose circumstances make our prices prohibitive. Contact us.
You can express your interest here, OR if you are ready, register below.
Register and pay now
You can pay here by credit card using our secure server. Clicking on “Add to cart” will open a cart window where you can enter your payment information.
Then fill out the registration form below. We will be in touch with you for further details.
The workshop is a mix of synchronous conversations (e.g., on Zoom) and asynchronous (e.g., in a discussion forum). We work as a whole group, in small groups, and on our own.
The workshop runs over two weeks. We hold four 90-minutes synchronous discussions from Tuesday to Friday each week with the whole group. The time for these sessions is:
– 11:00-12:30am EST (East Coast, US)
– 16:00-17:30pm WET (UK/Portugal)
– 17:00-18:30pm CET (Europe)
Between an introductory session at the start and a reflection sesssion at the end, each session covers one of the six sections of the book:
- Who is here?
- What is the story behind this book?
- The concept of social learning space: definition and significance
- The perspective of value creation and agency:
- Four social learning modes
The value-creation framework in the four learning modes:
- Generating value: eight value-creation cycles
- Translating value: flows, loops, and value-creation stories
- Framing value creation: aspirations and uncertainties
- Evaluating social learning: accounting for effects and contribution
- What is the significance of this book? What can we do with it?
- Next steps.
(+351) 962 298 800
(+1) 530 205 3231