Social learning leadershipCertificate program
The program takes 1-2 years to complete and includes the following components:
- two four-day workshops
- a personal project
- individual coaching sessions
- masterclasses on the disciplines of social learning leadership
- regular activities with other social learning leaders
- a panel review of your portfolio, reflections, and a resource you created for people in your field
- publication of your work on our website (Check the page here)
About the Certificate
Your questions answered
What are the criteria for participation?
- A clear statement of what benefits this program would bring to you and your organization
- A commitment to the full program
- A substantial project, the parameters of which will be agreed on before starting
Additionally you will need access to the internet with enough bandwidth for web conferencing.
How long does it last?
You can schedule your review panel any time after the second workshop.
If you need more time than 2 years, you can add up to 2 additional years at a small cost (see pricing).
When does the program start?
How much does it cost?
The following prices are in US dollars.
The basic fee covers all activities, including the two four-day workshops (but not travel and lodging):
- Full certificate program fee is: $9,500
The Disaggregated fee does not include the two four-day workshops:
- Certificate program fee: $6,500
- Two BEtreat workshops paid separately
There will be additional cost if you need to extend the program beyond two years:
- Additional years: $500/year (up to a total of four years)
What sort of time investment is required?
- The initial and final workshops are each four days of full-time participation
- One 90-minute group synchronous activity a month – either a masterclass or a participant-led session
- Participation in online discussions
- Monthly journal entries
- Sharing of artifacts you are collecting and producing in your online portfolio
- Your panel review, which is a 90-minute online session and requires some preparation
- Finalizing your documents for publication
How many people take the program each year?
There are more participants in the BEtreat workshops, which include people who are not taking the certificate.
When and where do the workshops take place?
What does my project have to be about?
Your project needs to fit your context and your interest. It could range from running a community of practice, to evaluating a network, to leading a social learning team, all the way to designing a broad social learning strategy.
We will discuss the focus and scope of the project as part of your acceptance on the certificate.
You can see projects of past participants here.
What do we do in the individual coaching sessions?
The conversation is based on an entry in your portfolio, where you include the developments, questions, and challenges you would like to discuss.
What are the masterclasses about?
What are the community activities?
There is also an online discussion space for informal conversations.
What are the criteria for completing the certificate?
- A portfolio that includes regular reflections, project-related artifacts, testimonies, and a way to monitor the value created by your project
- A personal reflection on becoming a social learning leader
- A resource developed out of your project that will be of use to others in the field
- A panel review with us and two people in your own field (not necessarily social learning leaders)
- Publication of a personal page on the certificate website with final drafts of your artifacts
Who will be on my certificate review panel?
They may or may not be familiar with social learning leadership, but should certainly be interested.
You will select them in discussion with us. The idea is to think strategically about who in your field or your context you would like to endorse your work.
How can I convince my boss or supervisor that it's a good idea?
- a chance to get expert help on a project that is useful for your organization
- your new skills and capabilities as a social learning leader
- your project listed on the certificate website, which provides visibility for the commitment of the organization to social learning